So, you’ve passed your Objective Tests. Congratulations! Now it’s time for the next hurdle - the Case Study Exam. How are you feeling? Nervous or confident? We bet you’re feeling a little unsure as to what to expect and how best to prepare.
The truth is that there’s a magic formula. There’s a right way to do it and then there’s a hard way to do it. Are you on the right track or the hard track? There’s still time to find out and we’ve prepared some tips for you:
First get the basics right:
- To start off, it’s always best to revise the key concepts from each of the pillar subjects. Know your PEST, Porter and SWOT.
- Know the pre-seen case study in depth (line-by-line, paragraph-by-paragraph) – we really do mean in-depth!
- List the most likely issues you expect to come up in the exam (key issues facing the company now or in the future)
- Try to match concepts from your pillar subjects to the issues.
- Practice answering questions and do timed mock exams.