How to pass your ICB exam first time
Dated: 01 / 03 / 2019 | 12:25 pm
Category: Latest News
We've discovered that ICB students who follow these five steps have the best chance at success.
Question practice is key
We strongly believe in the power of question practice and we'll find any excuse to talk about it. Studies have proven that question practice is an effective way to improve your knowledge as well as your ability to recall information. At IBTC we take this a step further. We believe that the number of times you test yourself and the variety in your question practice is the real key to exam success. For best results you need various levels of question practice during your study process and the more you do, the better your chances of passing first time. We encourage our students to spend 60% of their time studying and the remaining 40% on question practice.
Follow a great study plan
The IBTC Study Plan lays it all out for you. It indicates when to go through your theory and when to do question practice. It is designed to get you exam ready in the shortest possible time. Following the IBTC's IBC study plan helps you to plan your studies and set a good pace. Click here to get your IBTC study plan.
Manage your time
You've heard the saying, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." You will drastically improve your chances of passing if you finish studying the syllabus content at least three weeks prior to writing your exam and spend the remaining three weeks on revision and question practice.
Study for shorter periods more often
Life is hectic and, as a result, many students leave studying until the very last moment. We all start off with the best intentions, but soon life gets in the way. Research indicates however that cramming does not work when it comes to successfully recalling information and that studying for shorter periods more regularly is far more effective. Even if something comes up and you can't make the time you set aside to study try to sit for a shorter period of time as opposed to skipping it all together.
Don't neglect your POE
Your POE counts for 30% of your total exam mark, don't neglect it. Make sure it is ready for submission come exam day. You have all the information you need to complete it. Our advice is to treat it like an exam and give it your all.
For more information or to make a booking contact Robert on 0861 111 411 or firstname.lastname@example.org